Multicrete Megastick® Shotcrete-Dry
For Dry Mix Applications
Multicrete Megastick® Shotcrete-Dry is a pre-blended shotcrete mixture containing aggregates, silica fume and other carefully selected additives. Multicrete Megastick® Shotcrete-Dry has greatly enhanced shooting characteristics and physical properties.
In the dry process, Multicrete Megastick® Shotcrete is blown through the hose and mixing water is added at the nozzle. The shotcrete impacts the surface at a high velocity resulting in a well-compacted, high quality concrete with excellent bond. Some common uses include:
- Slope stabilization
- Initial and secondary tunnel support
- Structural linings
- Concrete rehabilitation
Multicrete Megastick® Shotcrete-Dry may be used in combination with steel fiber reinforcement to enhance load carrying capacity and with non-caustic accelerator to provide high early strengths and faster set times. It can be blended to meet ACI 506 gradation #1 or #2.
Multicrete Megastick® Shotcrete-Dry has vastly improved cohesion characteristics compared to conventional shotcrete. This stickiness saves times and money:
- Rebound is significantly reduced, resulting in lower material usage
- Sagging and sloughing are eliminated
- Thick layers can be applied in a single pass in both the vertical and overhead orientations without the use of caustic accelerators.
- This increases shooting efficiency as passing over work two or three times to achieve a certain thickness is no longer necessary.
Multicrete Megastick® Shotcrete-Dry can be custom blended with or without steel fiber reinforcement. It is normally packaged in bulk bags up to 1680 kg (one cubic yard), with double shrink-wrap on wooden pallets.
Please refer to TDS and SDS for detailed information.